IMA Interim Induction workshop
Want to become an interim manager but don’t know how to go about it? Then this one-day workshop is right for you. It is the only workshop that has been endorsed and approved by the Interim Management Association.
The workshop is presented by Simon Berry. Simon has operated as a consultant and interim manager for the past fifteen years and has personally coached and run workshops for over 2000 interim managers to help them kick start their careers in interim management.
He is supported during the day with representatives from leading interim service providers and online marketing experts.
Who should attend?
The workshop is geared towards individuals:
- considering entering the market as an interim manager
- committed to entering the market as an interim manager, but looking for the fastest route to success
The workshop has two primary objectives:
- Help you decide if interim management is right for you
- Help you kick start your career as quickly as possible
The workshop leaders will not look to influence your decision to enter interim management in any way. They simply want you to make the right decision for you and your circumstances. They will therefore look at interim management ‘warts and all’.
The workshop is extremely practical. There are plenty of breakouts so you can apply the learning to your own particular circumstances. By the end of the day, you should have a clear outline plan of how you are going to make it happen. We have even had newcomers find their first assignment within a week!!
We keep the numbers down to just 18 per workshop to allow plenty on interaction and discussion.
- What is interim management? It’s important to be able to differentiate yourself in the marketplace from consultants, freelancers and contractors
- What is the state of the market? The latest market statistics on interim management usage
- What do clients look for in an interim? What qualities do you need to succeed?
- The interim market and where you fit in. Knowing your market enables you to define your place in it, and this is essential for an interim manager. Clients generally like to work with specialists in key areas, so make sure you know where you shine and clearly set this out in your value proposition.
- Getting your CV right. Don’t undersell yourself with an ineffective CV. Interim management is a highly competitive business and it is essential that your CV sets you apart from the crowd.
- Marketing yourself and your product. A good product poorly marketed will not sell. Understand the essential points of self-marketing when working as an interim (covered in more detail in our self-marketing workshop for interims).
- Working with interim providers. These are specialist recruitment agencies that place interims in work, and are a key route to market, especially in certain sectors. Make sure you find the right interim provider for you. Many of the leading providers are members of the Interim Management Association.
- Effective networking (online and offline). A large proportion of interim assignments are won through the interim’s own personal network. Find out how to focus your networking to win assignments and grow your business.
- The business meeting. Improve your approach to business meetings and win more assignments as a result.
- Setting up and running your own limited company. All interim managers must work through their own limited company. Operating through your own limited company looks professional to clients and providers, and guarantees absolute compliance for interim managers. We advise on the best way to set up and run your interim business from scratch.
All workshops start at 9.30am and finish at 5.30pm (registration from 9.00am). Lunch and refreshments throughout the day are included in the cost.
Cancellations and transfers
Please read our cancellation policy before making your booking.
There may be funding available to help you cover the cost of the workshop. Please view our page on funding options.
If you wish to make an enquiry about any details of the workshop please call us on 01737 234561 or click here
You can read positive feedback from those who have attended the workshop on our IMA workshop testimonials page.
12th July 2016
|Farringdon, Central London||£300 + VAT|